Monday, January 21, 2013

...a happenstance and a plan

While I don't think I am in the league of the people that are featured in hoarders my fabric scraps are out of control. 

The 'problem' I have is that while I can still think of something I could do with them, and there are no shortage of ideas in that department, I have no real desire to re-house them. 

That said, I am happy to use them - and really enjoy putting them to use in the do. Good Stitches blocks for the Cherish circle (in fact the chance to use these small gems was one of he reason I joined this bee). But still the boxes keep bulging and the scraps keep spilling out. 

And I refuse to solve the issue by buying more boxes. 

And them comes the happenstance. I was mindlessly wandering around the Fresh Modern Quilts group on Flickr recently and came across this quilt, described in more detail here. And then I wandered over to Craftsy and looked in on the free 2013 block of the month. And I signed up. 

My plan is to use stash for this quilt. with a focus on all the little bits and pieces in the scrap boxes. With bits and pieces of my text fabrics as the background. 

Tonight, after I finished the second of a couple of quilt tops to be revealed later in the week I sewed up the first four blocks. I'm looking forward to the next 11 installments!

2 comments:

Fran said...

Great idea! Makes me think I should do something similar with the bits and pieces of patchwork that are lying around...

sarahp said...

Oooh very pretty! And also lol at your stash, and I thought mine was messy!