Wednesday, November 21, 2012

...another Hexy MF update


On Friday night I sewed the last (with the exception of a few for the borders) of the flowers. There are 70 there - seven in each of the fabrics.


For those that are mathematically minded interested (I am sure the minded can work it out for themselves) that is 490 basted 1.5" hexies and 8820" of hand sewn seam. 


I spent some time at the inaugural Sew Shells event laying them out on the floor and mixing them up until I was happy with the placement (there were a couple of changes after this picture was taken but it is the one I am working from)


The background is ordered (Robert Kaufman Quilter's Linen in Beige) along with some samples for the stems and leaves.



Better get to adding more columns to these to then!

1 comment:

sarahp said...

Oh my gosh! That is an INSANE number of seams. It's beautiful, but Wow. That's hardcore.