Friday, August 31, 2012

...on a whim

A couple of weekends ago, on a whim, I bought a 90 degree triangle ruler at Spotlight with a 25% off voucher.

When I got home, on a whim, I got home and used it to cut up a 1/2 yard bundle of spring theme prints I bought ages ago from Sew Fresh Fabrics when I got free shipping.  Cutting them into strips and then cross-cutting with the new ruler.


On a whim, by sewing the triangles into pairs, the squares and trimming to 12.5" I made this quilt top. 


It isn't huge - the blocks are 12" finished - which if my maths is having a good day means that this is 49 x 61" in the current state.


I'll need to wait for another whim to help with finding a backing, basting, quilting and binding but even without all that yet this was a pretty satisfying evening of sewing. 

2 comments:

Rachel said...

what's the 90 degree ruler do that doing HST/QST the "normal" method doesn't?

Lisa said...

Sometimes it's so refreshing to just go with the gut, cut and sew! Love your quilt top, beautiful colours on such a cold day today, cold here anyways!