Saturday, July 23, 2011

...Doll Quilt Swap II - the beginning

About two months ago I looked around my sewing room and notice how many quilt I had almost done, just started or stacks of fabric waiting with a specific quilt in mind and decided that I needed to concentrate on these things before joining any more swaps. They are heaps and heaps of fun but I have limited sewing time and I need to remember things always take longer than I think it will. 


But then I saw a post on the Doll Quilt Swap Flickr group discussion page about the theme for this round - miniatures - and I couldn't resist. 


So I have spent some time working out the maths to sew some smaller blocks. Based on my secret partners preferences I came up with two options.
DQS 11 - Option One
DQS 11 - Option Two

I have decided to go with the second option. I do like the stars in the hexagon but someone else is also doing one very similar and I would like to be a little individual!

I have started cutting and piecing this afternoon, almost all from my scrap containers. Only the star centres is cut from a 'new' half yard from the fabric cupboard.  

Each of the blocks will finish at 3" and there will be 16 blocks making a quilt of just over 12" square. For such a small quilt there are a lot of seam to sew, and still to go, but I'm pleased with how it is turning out so far. 

1 comment:

Wendy said...

This is going to be adorable when finished!