Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Charming Stars in the Park

I started this quilt with 5 charm packs a little solid and a little print for the border. The top was pieced in a (long) weekend. 
Basting required the movement of the dining room table and the whole of the floor. The quilt measures almost 90" square.

I initially quilted 1/4" inside all the sashings and borders. I then hand quilted with No. 8 Perle cotton in variegated blue inside each star to give some definition.


And now it's finished.
The stars look great I think.
The binding is the bricky print in stone. 
The backing is the large flower print in blue. I love how the sun gives a see through stained glass effect while it is hanging.
I can already say it is cosy to sleep under!

Pattern: Charming Stars from the Moda Bakeshop
Fabric: Central Park by Kate Spain for Moda Fabrics

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I love this star quilt. It is simply beautiful.