Friday, December 3, 2010

Colette Patterns - From the shelf in my sewing room to you

Have you heard of these patterns? Colette Patterns is a boutique pattern company from New York in the United States. They have a blog here. At the moment that have only 13 patterns, with a 14th (the first one for men) due out soon. So far all the patterns have a modern vintage feel.

I like them.

I came across them for the first time during Make It, Wear It month at Sew Mama Sew earlier this year when they posted this image as an inspiration on the second day. I bought the pattern for the Lady Grey and one of the others.

I haven't finished either yet because I have a habit of getting excited and starting new things. Plus it is too hot for the jacket this time of year. What I have done so far has worked out great.

But a few weeks ago, when I was still thinking I had enough time to sew a dress for my brother's wedding, I went online to order another pattern from the US because I couldn't find it in Australia.

While I was on there I was playing around with some different things and wished I could have access to these great patterns faster. And I saw the wholesale button. 

To cut a long story short I ordered quite a few patterns for myself as well as some extras that I have listed for sale in my Craftumi store. The favourable dollar at the moment means that I can offer them for the same amount as the RRP in US dollars and the shipping is cheaper and faster to you, if you happen to be in Australia.

And since I also got copies for myself as well I'm making myself some new summer clothes.
First, a nightie from the Cinnamon pattern with some Anna Maria Horner

and then a Parfait dress with some Liberty

I also have a Macaroon dress traced out, but no good picture.

I'll keep you posted on my progress. I'm going for one or two a week over summer!

No comments: