Thursday, November 18, 2010

Progress - Pinning, Sewing, Pressing - Progress on the Double Wedding Ring quilt

I have been making progress and I think I have got into a little bit of a groove.

I have cut a whole bunch of the small patches, all the centres and melons and this makes a little sewing here and there more accessible.

I also made this little pressing cloth as recommended in the little book at came with the templates. It has certainly made pressing the arcs a more exact science and quicker and better than checking with the template as I was doing in the beginning.

I'm almost finished the first column, just have to sew the melons to the final centre and attach.
Only three more columns to go!

I'm trying to decide about the edges. I was originally going to use a template I have to square up the edges but I'm not sure now?

Opinions?

No comments: