Monday, October 25, 2010

Bee Seam Piecing Downunder- October Blocks for Rose

The whole time I was sewing these blocks I had a little tune in by head, sung to the tune of the Farmer in the Dell. It went a little something like this

'A quilting we will go, a quilting we will go, hey ho the dairy-o, a quilting we will go'

Obviously a ran out of inspiration a little when I go to the dairy part but you get the picture. It was only the one verse though and it did get a little repetitive after not very long. The singing was warranted, however, because these blocks were the first sewing I had done with my machine in the new house. I sewed these during last week, on the 20th I think, which makes it 29 days between machine sewn projects and I was glad to get back at it.

Rose requested quilt-as-you-go log cabins using the technique from Sewtakeahike that I am also using for my Blue and White Quilt.

I love the collection of fabric she has sent and the inclusion of the final white strips for the sashing.


The second block was a little wonkier that I had intended, but luckily Rose likes it anyway!


The first one is a little straighter, and I love the grey fabric that is also the centre of the second block.
I can't wait to see it all sewn together!

No comments: