Wednesday, September 15, 2010

September Block - do. Good Stitches {a Charity Bee}

I saw this bee on a blog a little while ago and I thought it a great idea and sent the bee admin Rachel from Stiched in Colour and asked to join. Fast foward a few months and, with two more stitching circles started I have been able to start sewing.

I am part of the 'Faith' circle that benefits charities and individuals local to the quilters.


My first two blocks are for a quilt for a little boy and his mother. The quilt is to be made up of wonky crosses in aqua and yellow and co-ordinated by Jennifer from That girl... That quilt from a tutorial on her blog.



For this first block I used some Kona solid and a cute litte sailor print.


I think these spots and stripes add some interest and are quite gender neutral.

I found I had to cut the cross strip a little longer to compensate for the wonky cut but I am pretty happy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Kristy ! I've just popped in for a visit and really enjoyed looking at your blog . Good luck in my giveaway !